Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at LynkSolutions LTD. (“LynkCity,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your data and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy and practices with regards to your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
- DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
“personal data” is defined under the GDPR (defined below) as any data or information that is able to identify a natural person (for example, your name, email address, device IP Address, image, etc.).
“processing” refers to any activity performed on your data by LynkCity, such as data transfer, collection, storage, disclosure, marketing, security, retention, deletion, correction, and restriction.
“user” refers to anyone accessing and/or using our Site and App, including riders, drivers, renter, car rental provider, or any visitors.
“rider” is any user who uses our Site to book a ride from a driver.
“driver” is any user who submits their vehicle information to us to provide driving services to riders.
“renter” is any user who uses our Site and App to book a car for hire from a car rental provider.
“car rental provider” is any user who rents out their car to a renter through the App.
- DATA CONTROLLER (EU, UK)
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal data and other non-personal data under the following categories:
- Personal data you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal data that you provide to us, such as your name, address, contact data, passwords and security data, payment data, and social media login data.
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when registering on our Site or App; expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services; participating in activities on our App (such as posting comments on our articles or entering competitions, contests, or giveaways); or subscribing to our newsletter or otherwise contacting us.
The personal data that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and our Site or App, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal data we collect may include the following:
- Registration and Contact Data: Depending on the type of account you open and your use of our Site and App, we may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, country of location, company details, phone number, and a photograph for your profile.
- Login Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security data for authentication and account access.
- Car details and verification documents: If you sign up as a driver or car rental provider via our driver App, we will collect your car details, including the car make, model, color, and other details. And depending on where you are located, we will require you to submit verifiable documents, such as your driver’s license, certificate of insurance, hackney carriage badge, and licenses specific to your location of residence.
- Payment Method Data: We collect payment method data from users (such as a credit card number) necessary to process their payments and payouts, depending on whether you provide services or receive services. Our payment processors (Stripe, Paystack, and Flutterwave) are responsible for storing all payment data. We do not store your payment method data on our database. Please, click on the above links to learn about their privacy practices and how they handle and secure your payment method data.
- User Content Data: We will collect the data a rider or renter publicly provide when they use a driver or car rental provider services and vice versa. This data will be available publicly on the App. We will also collect any data attached to any comments on our blogs/articles. You have the ability to leave comments on our blogs/articles under a pseudo or fake name.
- Data we automatically collect
In Short: Some data – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Site or App.
- Data collected through our App
In Short: We may collect data regarding your location, mobile device, and push notifications when you use our apps.
If you download and use our App, we may also collect the following data:
- Location data: We may request access or permission to and track location-based data from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the App, to provide location-based services, including tracking user locations and calculating ride costs. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so from your device’s settings. However, we may not be able to provide this service to you if you do so.
- Mobile Device Data: We may automatically collect device data (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version data, and IP address.
- Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the App, which allows us to send you messages about your purchases. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn push notifications off via your device’s settings.
- Phonebook Data: Depending on your permission, LynkCity will collect your phonebook data in order to perform certain tasks for you (for example, where you wish to refer any individual from your phonebook to use LynkCity).
- Data collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain data about you from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, such as Facebook (when you sign up or log in via Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the data we receive from other sources include social media profile data (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL, and any other data that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
In Short: We process your data for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal data collected via our Site or App for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your data for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”); in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”); with your consent (“Consent”); and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the data we collect or obtain to:
- Facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent: If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Facebook account), we will use the data you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section ”HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?” below for further information.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes: We may use the personal data you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails (newsletters) at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided at the bottom of any email newsletter from us.
- Fulfill and manage your orders for Contractual reasons: We may use your data to fulfill and manage your transactions, payments, and payouts made through our App.
- Respond to your complaints, queries, and concerns: We collect your contact data, such as your email address, to reply to any questions, complaints, queries, concerns, and issues you reached out to us about.
- request feedback for our Business Purposes: We may use your data to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site or App.
- protect our Site for Business Purposes and/or for Legal Reasons: We may use your data as part of our efforts to keep our Site or App safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- enable user-to-user communications with your Consent: We may collect certain personal data (such as your phone number) in order to allow users to communicate with one another during a transaction. For example, a driver may need to call a rider when they arrive at their pickup location.
- enforce our Terms and Conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual: We will collect certain data, such as your device data, IP Address, browser details, etc. to prevent violations of our Site and App and enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements. For example, where a driver tries to bypass our referral system, their browser and device data may allow us to detect it.
- respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons: If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- facilitate other Business Purposes: We may use your data for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Site or App, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- WILL YOUR DATA BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share data with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We will not share data about you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We only share and disclose your data in the following situations:
- When we need to comply with the law: We may disclose your data where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- When we need to connect users: We may disclose or share personal data about you with another user in a situation where you both enter into an agreement. For example, if a rider books a driver, we will disclose the rider’s profile data, such as their name, location, and image, for the driver to locate and identify such a rider. We will also disclose, in turn, the driver’s data to the rider, including their car details.
- When you submit content publicly: If you submit content (such as reviews or comments) to any public part of our App, such content will be available publicly, and anyone who navigates to such parts of our App will have access to your content. For example, if a rider leaves a review after using a rider’s services, other riders will have access to that review if they use the same driver.
- When we need to fulfill our Vital Interests and Legal Rights: We may disclose your data where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our Terms and Conditions and policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- During a Business Transfer activity: We may share or transfer your data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- To third-party service providers: We use the services of third-party service providers to provide some of the services we provide. For example, we use third parties to process payments and payouts, gather analytics, distribute the App, store data, pinpoint location, provide security, etc. We may share data about you with these third-party service providers to perform their services on our behalf. For example, to process your payments or payouts, we are required to share your payment method data with Stripe, Paystack, or other applicable payment processors (depending on your location and your payment method).
- When you Consent: We may disclose your data for any other purpose with your consent.
- INFORMATION ABOUT GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: We use Google Maps for the purpose of providing location-based services.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at any time. We use data about location in conjunction with data from other data providers.
- HOW WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our App using a social media account (such as Facebook), we may have access to certain data about you.
The App offers you the ability to register and log in using your Facebook social media account (and other social accounts that may be introduced later). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile data about you from your Facebook provider. The profile data we receive may vary depending on the permissions you set on your Facebook account, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture, as well as other data you choose to make public.
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY SITES?
In Short: LynkCity is not responsible for the safety of any data you share with third-party providers who advertise but are not affiliated with LynkCity.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your data through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
- DO WE TRANSFER DATA OUTSIDE OF OUR LOCATION?
In short: Your data is processed from our location in the UK but may be transferred to third-party service providers in different locations.
If you are using our App from the UK or EU, we will transfer personal data about you to third parties outside of the EU and UK relying on approved data transfer mechanisms, such as using Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
- DO WE COLLECT DATA FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit personal data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using our Site or App, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of our Site or App. If we learn that personal data from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You have the right to request to rectify your submitted personal data and request the deletion of certain data or your account to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you are using our Site and App from the UK or EU, you have additional rights.
You have certain rights in relation to your use of our Site and App. You have the right to request to correct, rectify, or edit the personal data you have previously submitted to us. You also have the right to request the deletion of your data or your user account. You may exercise these rights by going through your account profile area. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and data from our active databases. However, some data may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions and/or comply with legal requirements.
If you are using our Site and App from the UK or EU, you have in addition to the above rights, the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You may request by sending us a message at email@example.com.
- Right to object to processing, delete, remove, or stop using personal data: This right is also known as the “right to be forgotten.” This right is limited in that it is not absolute to request the deletion of certain personal data. For example, where applicable law requires us to keep records of transactions, we will have no option but to comply.
- Right to limit processing: It may sometimes be possible to restrict the processing of your data so that it can solely be used for specific purposes (e.g., to exercise legal rights or for legal claims). In such circumstances, we will not use your data in other ways while processing is restricted. You can ask us to restrict the use of your data if: (i) it is inaccurate; (ii) it has been unlawfully used, but you do not want us to delete it; (iii) it is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims; and (iv) you have already asked us to stop using it, but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep using it.
- Right to object to profiling: The GDPR confers to you the right to object to the processing of certain data about you. This effectively allows you to ask us to stop processing certain personal data. For example, you may object to our use of your email address for marketing and push notifications via the App. You may opt-out of marketing via newsletters by using the instructions for unsubscribing in any email sent to you by LynkCity and switching off push notifications via your device settings.
- Right to portability: The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse the data you have with us for your own purposes across different services/apps. It allows you to move, copy, or transfer your data easily from our database to another website or app safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- Right to reporting: You have the right to report us to any privacy authority in your location if you believe we are unlawfully processing your data. You can find their contact details here:
If we are relying on your consent to process your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?